Thursday, January 7, 2010

Scripture Memory for 2010

I am reading a new blog done by Beth Moore - Living Proof Ministries. What a Godly woman! Wish I'd found her blog a long time ago.

Last January especially. Beth did a Scripture Memory Team for 2009, where you choose a verse to memorize/meditate on the 1st and 15th of the month. I decided it was a great idea, but I'm going to do it in 2010! They have to be verses that speak to YOU. They are on a set of note cards that you can pull out to meditate on at any time. And that is the key. They are for use if you need reassurance, support, PEACE, or to feel closer to God. In the middle of a crisis? Needing PEACE? Daily focus? I am very excited.

Here is my verse for January 1.

Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said," I will never desert you, nor will I forsake you," so that we confidently say,"The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What will man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6 (NASB)

No comments: