Tuesday, April 28, 2009

10th Anniversary

 Juliana and the crabApril 28 is Juliana's legal adoption anniversary. We've been a family for 10 years last week. 10 years ago on Wednesday, mom and I brought Juliana home to the U.S. and began our life together.

Juliana is such a joy - well, beginning the tween phase, so a joy most of the time. LOL. I've missed seeing the sparkle in her eyes that I saw when she was a toddler, but I finally saw it again in photos taken last month during our Sanibel Island trip.

JulesMy goal is to be a more responsible and attentive mom for both of the girls. I've been lax, leaving a great deal of responsibility to my mom. Dealing with my debt, my perceived failure as a mom, my anger, my impatience, has been a detriment to my purpose of raising my girls. I am now refocusing. My mom has her doubts of this, but I am stubborn and strong. I can do what I set my mind to. Now if only I could persevere with the debt reduction. I realized last night that I can't have a garage sale. If I'm going to be working towards getting our own place back, I need some of the stuff in the basement. I do need to go through it and cull it out though. I'm a pack rat and some of that stuff is junk and unnecessary. It's on my to do list. Maybe after I get back from KC this weekend.

No comments: