Friday, March 13, 2009

Five Senses Friday

Abby is hosting Five Senses Friday. I've decided to play along. How about you?

Taste:
- good sweet tea;

- diet coke (which I am trying to cut back on);

- dark chocolate.

Sight:
- watching my youngest daughter in her first class performance sing "My country";

- watching both of my girls sleeping - so sweet and quiet;

- looking at the fluttering of the fuzzy fur of the 3 Easter chicks perched on the top of my work computer.

Touch:
- the keys of my keyboard and remembering high school typing classes on the manual typewriters (thankful for technology);

- the soft fur and aging body of our 19 year old cat, Pookie, such a remarkable contrast.

Smell:
- the smell of chicken boiling on the stove every Saturday (mom makes it for the senior finicky dogs);

- the blooming flowers of spring - daffodils, cherry trees;

- the smell of my daughter's clean hair after bath.

Hear:
- my favorite sound is a cat purring; all of my cats have their own unique sound that I love;

- my daughters laughter - Juliana in excitement about her sleepover with Nia and Ginny's laugh as she is tickled;

- the hum of air and computers at work and the peace of lunchtime when everyone is gone;

- like sight, listening to my youngest daughter sing "My country" in her first class performance.

No comments: