Monday, January 5, 2009

One Little Word - Freedom

... for 2009.

GitzenGirl said in her post she
decided to participate in Ali Edwards' One Little Word challenge ... to pick a word that you would use as your touch point for the year. A word that you would come back to in order to keep yourself in focus and moving forward. I liked that a lot... the idea of centering myself without creating unrealistic expectations.
What an excellent idea! To be focused for an entire year, not on a "resolution" I never keep, but on an inner goal. I have chosen "freedom." My goal for 2009 is to work on "freedom" - freedom from money worries, family worries, illness worries. I want to be happy and at peace with myself. Hopefully that peace coming from freedom will pass down to the family, too.

Freedom!
I like that word! How about you? What is your word for 2009 going to be?

2 comments:

Jane Anne said...

I stumbled onto your site from Mckmamma's. After I read your Not Me, post I ended up on this one. Freedom is a desire of my heart too. I am right there with you.

Mom Of Many said...

Hi,
I just wanted to stop by and thank you for joining in the friends at A Place Called Simplicity...everyone has been such an encouragment to us - thank you for being part of that!!

Your daughters are beautiful and being a single mom is so challenging - I pray God's peace and strength for you as you do both the extrordinaire and the mundane....may God's blessing rest upon you!